- This event has passed.
2020 CLEERS Virtual Workshop
2020-09-14 - 2020-09-18
CLEERS Workshops are annual meetings open to all those who are interested in understanding and simulating the performance of exhaust emission control devices under realistic operating conditions. The Workshops provide an informal, focused forum to:
- share recent experimental and computational simulation experience with advanced aftertreatment technologies;
- enhance emissions control research collaborations among industry, universities, and DOE national laboratories; and
- identify the most pressing pre-competitive research priorities for emissions control.
CLEERS Workshops feature invited presentations by internationally prominent researchers and a moderated discussion with an invited panel of industry experts.
Workshop participants are encouraged to contribute oral presentations and posters on the following (or related) technologies and topics.Topic Areas Technologies:
- Passive NOx adsorbers (PNA)
- Hydrocarbon traps
- Selective catalytic reduction (SCR) of NOx by urea/ammonia
- Oxidation catalysts (DOC, MOC, etc.)
- Three-way catalysts (TWC)
- Diesel and gasoline particulate filters (DPF, GPF)
- Selective catalytic reduction of NOx by hydrocarbons (HC SCR)
- Identification of reaction mechanisms (from micro-kinetic through global) and kinetic parameters
- Modeling strategies for improved accuracy and/or reduced computation time
- Drive cycle simulations of advanced vehicle/emissions control systems
- Formulation, evaluation, and simulation of catalysts with lower operating temperatures
- Multifunctional aftertreatment devices: catalyst coated filters, layered/zoned washcoats
- Integration of engines and emissions controls
- Reductant (urea or fuel) delivery: spray modeling, decomposition processes, deposit formation
2020 CLEERS Virtual Workshop Agenda
Monday, September 14th
Tuesday, September 15th
Wednesday, September 16th
Thursday, September 17th
Friday, September 18th
The 2020 CLEERS Workshop will be held September 14-18, 2020 as a virtual event. The Workshop will be hosted on the Zoom virtual platform. Each talk will be presented live via a Zoom meeting at the designated time listed on the Workshop agenda. Instructions on connecting to the Zoom meeting will be emailed to the address provided during registration.
For any questions related to the Workshop, send email to the 2020 CLEERS Workshop Organizing Committee (email@example.com).
|Virtual Workshop Dates:||September 14-18, 2020|
|Deadline to submit contributed presentation and poster abstracts:||May 15, 2020|
|Extended deadline to submit contributed presentation and poster abstracts:||May 29, 2020|
|Authors notified of abstract acceptance:||July 15, 2020|
|Registration Deadline:||August 31, 2020|